Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Little Black Paint


I have wanted to do this for quite a while, but the timing was crucial.  It needed to be just warm enough, not too much wind blowing, and no mosquitoes or flies out yet......... 


I am talking about repainting our front doors.  They've been white for years.  I loved them at one time, but they show every fly speck and dust and require constant cleaning.  I have wanted to paint them black for several years and I made that happen last week.

Here they are white:





Fly specks and dust:





I thought I was over the brass door handle and brass porch light:







Then after two coats of Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black Exterior Satin Paint with the doors left open to dry during the process, here are the results:







The Before:    

                
 


The After: 
                      


Even though I had planned to repaint the brass, I have decided the brass door handle and porch light don't look too bad now.   I think they show up and I actually like the contrast.  I need a larger doormat......isn't it funny how doing one thing makes you need to do more?   It is still too early here to have flowers, so the pots are empty.  In another two weeks I will be planting my annuals, but I just couldn't wait to show you what a little black paint can do.....actually one quart.


I love black paint!
Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment