Friday, January 10, 2014

Indigo-Go!


I'm dying to decorate with indigo (or navy or dark blue--whatever you prefer to call it). When I received my Pottery Barn catalog this week...that sealed the deal!



I have some ideas in my mind on how I'll do this. It needs to be in a room with enough light, so it doesn't feel like a cave. It needs to have a good amount of white accents, trim or furniture. I also think it would look great with subway tile. Any guesses as to which room I'm contemplating?


Source

What I'm loving so much about navy is that it is so many things. It is warm and cozy. It is traditional but totally modern now. It is moody and serene at the same time. And it doesn't have to be "coastal" or "nautical" at all.

 
Source
 
So if you haven't already guessed, I think I'm going to use navy paint in our guest bathroom. We have subway tile in the shower area. The floors aren't my favorite right now, but I still think we can work with them. The toilet and vanity need to go though, so if we tear those out we may as well do the floors too.

Source
This next picture is really what did it for me. I LOVE the mix of wood, brushed nickel, white, navy and little pops of yellow. It is beautiful (although a slightly darker shade than I'll probably pick). Since we don't want to tile up the walls, I am planning an easy faux wainscoting in white.

Source
What do you think? I think...Go Navy, Baby!
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment