Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shop Your Closet 1.18.15

I love Instagram. I've found so many great fashion and style bloggers to follow. One of them was posting pictures of outfits that she was "re-styling" as part of a #ShopYourCloset2015 challenge.

I figured I could join in, with an added twist. I'm going to take an item from my closet and style it four different ways. This way I can stretch the use of each item I invest in.

For this post, I just set out two separate outfits, which I'm planning to take with me to our Annual Convention in San Antonio. I'll be around all my favorite cowboys, cowgirls and ranchers, so what better time to rock the boots?!

 
I love this army green jacket. I wear it A LOT! I've found it to be very versatile and its seen me through several different sizes. I can wear it loose and open or belted and buttoned. I think I bought it at K-Mart when I was in college. You guys, that was 12 years ago now. If that's not a classic piece, I don't know what is!

 
The shirt underneath is a purchase I made this year. I found it at TJ Maxx. The sleeves are capped, which look terrible on me, so I always have to wear something under or over it. But the beading on the neckline is beautiful!


Since there is so much going on with the neckline, I'll add some fairly simple earrings, but I'll bling it up with stacked bracelets and fun rings.

Jacket (Similar), Shirt (Similar), Skirt (Piperlime Similar), Boots (Ariat similar), Earrings (Stella & Dot discontinued), Chevron Ring (Stella & Dot), Large Silver Ring (Silpada), Simple Silver Bangle (a gift), Renegade Stretch Bracelet (Stella & Dot), Chain Bracelet (Loren Hope), Black Leather Wrap Bracelet (Similar)


The next outfit is less cowgirl, but still borders on casual/dressy. I may set it aside for a dinner out with our team during the convention.

 
I bought these eggplant jeans on a whim and I've gotten so much use out of them. Surprisingly this color goes with so many items in my closet. They are skinnies, which I like to roll up and pair with this season's "it" booties.


Because this sort of neckline is not the most flattering on me, I need to add long pendant necklaces like this great one from Stella & Dot. It elongates my upper body in just the right way.

Sweater with Shirttail (StitchFix), Jeans (KUT from Nordstrom Rack), Boots (DSW last year), Earrings (Stella & Dot discontinued), Rebel Pendant (Stella & Dot), Renegade Stretch Bracelet (Stella & Dot), Chain Bracelet (Loren Hope), Vintage Crystal Bracelet (Stella & Dot)

I'll share my "Shop Your Closet 2015" outfits in upcoming posts.

I hope you all had a great weekend. And if you need to do a little bit of Stella & Dot shopping, you can take part in my Mystery Hostess Online Trunk Show. For every $25 you spend, you'll get an entry into the drawing to win all of the hostess rewards (usually about $250!!)

Cheers,
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment