Saturday, January 16, 2016

Adopting the "new" Aztec Style!

I just got done resetting a small space at Unlisted and I love how it turned out!


I've been seeing so many great Aztec prints and styles, that I just knew the gorgeous Equipale table I had in stock would be the perfect base for a new look!

Wait, what's Equipale? It's a kind of furniture generally made in Mexico with tanned pigskin and cedar wood strips. Each piece is handmade and has its own character! The tables I've found online retail around $490. We've got ours priced at only $99!

I've seen cool barrel chairs before, but I'd never seen a table like this one. Especially one with great large nailhead trim!



So how do you complete this look? To me, it's all about blending the somewhat rustic Mexican style with more modern Aztec or Navajo fabrics.

As soon as I found this mission oak rocker, I knew exactly what to do with it! The black and cream upholstery is perfect.



Complete the look with some woven baskets, natural elements like twigs and sticks, and maybe even some industrial style artwork.




Check out these looks for inspiration!


Via The Nest
 

Via West Elm
 

Via Design Sponge
Have fun playing with these looks in your space!
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment