Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Entry Inspiration

I just found the most amazing vintage bench. A neighbor brought it back from her grandmother's estate in Pennsylvania. It did need a little TLC before it was ready for its debut at Unlisted.

I worked on it last week and today it had its first showing!

Here's how it looks in our current space:


Did you know you can follow us on Facebook to get the latest news on the items we're bringing in to the store? You can also follow me on Instagram, but you'll also get a fair share of food, dog and travel photos too!

Back to the bench...It really got me thinking how perfect it would be in an entry way. I always like to provide some sort of "landing place" in an entry way. This way there's a place for guests to place a purse or even a place for you to leave mail or keys. So I turned to Pinterest and some of my favorite blogs.

Here are a few of my favorite ideas for how to style this.

First, keep it simple. Add this to a narrow hall under a few family photos. Easy as that!


Via Beneath My Heart
 
Or add a couple very simple pillows for texture and color. Hang a big mirror above so you (or guests) can check their reflection before heading out the door.



Via The Polo House
And this is my favorite. Form and function all in one! Add a couple baskets for hats and gloves...maybe shoes if that's your thing. Some simple hooks above can house coats, hats or a seasonal decorative item.


Via Bless 'Er House
What do you have at your entryway? Right now I have a console table with a lamp, a clock and a big mirror above. Hmm, maybe I should rethink selling this bench. I just love it!

Hope you're having a great week,
Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment