Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Plans for a Backyard Makeover

If you've been following along with us for a while now, you'll remember previous posts about the exterior of my house and all the work we've done!

We painted the exterior.


We installed a utility shed.


We added a front sidewalk.


We tore out more bushes and trees than I can count.


One thing we've wanted since day one, was a bigger, better deck on the back of the house. The little 12 x 12 wood square is no longer suiting our needs. We love to entertain and spend time outside. We always end up with camping chairs, folding tables and pop-up tents spread all over the grass to accommodate our guests.

So this week I started daydreaming about how we can renovate and reimagine our backyard. Just look at this beautiful view!

 

We have nearly half an acre, so space really isn't an issue. We do have a sloped lot though. Things start to go uphill once you get about 20 to 40 feet from the back of our house. There are some degrading retaining walls to help break up the hill. Fixing that may be phase two.

So in my daydreaming, I've found a few landscaping companies with portfolios I really admire and I've turned to Pinterest for some ideas. Here's our checklist of items we want:
  • Several seating areas
  • Outdoor kitchen area (we would love a pizza oven, but that may be asking too much)
  • Fire pit
  • Pergola
  • Better retaining walls
  • New stairs

That's really no small project. But a girl can dream, right?

Here's our inspiration!


Source--Blog no longer active

 

Source: Gorgeous Home Décor (link not working)
 

Source
 

Source
 

Source

Source

 
The last image is a design rendering from Elite Landscaping. They're coming out to give us an initial consultation this Friday. I can hardly contain myself. I love how it hit all of our want list (minus the retaining wall and stairs which will likely be phase two). Now we'll see how much that will all cost. :(

Looking forward to more!
Karli

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that all looks amazing! That was one of the things Tony and I talked about - we have an acre lot, and it's all flat, so the possibilities are endless.

    I would incorporate a pizza oven!!! That is totally on my dream bucket list to be able to make wood fired pizza in my back yard. So if you do that, let me know, and I'll come visit and babysit and make you guys pizza! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will absolutely take you up on that!!!!

      Delete