Sunday, August 25, 2013

Master Bedroom Progress (Part 3)

Since my Master Bedroom Makeover is taking so long, I decided to keep you abreast of my progress.  I posted about loving the paint color, see here.  Well the paint is all complete now and I still love it.  I used Valspar in a Flat Finish.  The color is Skyscraper Taupe. 

I'm showing you this glimpse of the bed area.                                     


The mirror over the bed is antique and had belonged to my parents.
I realize some decorators would nix putting a mirror over the bed area but rules are made to be broken!  I am really liking the white bedding, white lampshades, and the touches of brass with the gray paint.  Even the gold pillows give a great contrast.  I think some people think you should use nickel or chrome with gray, but I beg to differ.
Karli has found me what she described as the perfect pillow to put in front of the gold ones.  I haven't gotten it yet but can hardly wait to see what she bought me.  I'm waiting to see it before picking out fabric to make a bedskirt and recover the chair seat.  I also want to purchase new white drapes, but I hate ordering online.  I want panels just like Karli found at Ikea, so I'll wait till we take a trip to Denver.

Maybe all of the above reasons tell why my Makeover is not finished yet.  But, I'm taking my time and enjoying every minute of it.

Still decorating,
Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment