Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Spring Antique Sale

As some of you may recall, in my former life, I was an Antique Dealer. When the store closed I took my inventory home. I have had one big sale here at home, but, for the most part, I have just been sitting on all that stuff.
I keep my "stuff" in my barn, where I have a showroom set up.

I did a show last weekend, a money-maker for a ladies organization raising funds to offer scholarships. I paid for an 8' space, set up my booth area, sold my antiques and vintage items, and then I donated 10% of my proceeds to the ladies club. It was for a good cause and a fun outing since I haven't been playing with "my antique stuff" for quite a while.

A good friend of mine, who is also an antique dealer, joined me in the venture. She brought her items to add to mine. Then another friend, also a dealer, gave us some of her items to sell as well. It was a joint effort!

We started setting up by creating walls with two sets of shutters.
Love using these to divide areas as well as hanging on.
  
The "girly" side of our booth was the perfect spot for hats and frilly feminine items just right for Mother's Day giftgiving.
Love the black and white

 This is a close-up of an old cabinet door. I painted the center with Chalkboard paint and added vintage hooks.
                        
 A broader view of the "girly" black and white side. You may recognize the chair from an earlier post.
           
The old metal display unit is perfect for hankies and gloves. I used this at the store for several years and people always wanted to buy it.
This metal rack was originally used for candy in General Stores.
You can see more white ironstone on this earlier post.

A closer look at one shelf. We even sold some of the burlap flower magnets. See our post on how to make these.
               
This part of our booth was dedicated to vintage gardening.
A potty chair from the 1950's holds a potted rose plant.
             
Layering on top of the enamel top table with an old wood box allows for more garden items.
Love the pink and green for Spring!
                              
The garden items even filled the floor.
                
It is still early for "real" plants in our area, however the silk ones made everyone think of Spring.
The little potted flowers were just too sweet!
                    
 The little watercan holds my business cards.
              
Would you believe we did not plan to wear similar jackets!
             
The sale was not quite the sucessful day of selling that we were anticipating, but we did have fun planning, hauling, setting up, visiting with customers, tearing down, boxing our stuff back up, and then hauling it all back home. (Really!!!)

That is the way it goes sometimes!     CARRY ON!!!

Happy Spring,
Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment