Monday, April 28, 2014

Going to Market (Painted Furniture For the Show)


Yes we finally get to take some of our great finds to market, The Paris Street Market, that is. We are thrilled to have been chosen to have a booth there on the first Saturday in August. I am working on some great fun things, so I'll give you a little peek!!!


These stools are hardwood, not very old yet really quite heavy and stable, but boring, so here is the before.........      



They got a new vibe with red paint and just for fun..........I added the numbers, so here is the after..............




This enamel top kitchen table is from the 1930's-40's. I had given it a coat of khaki earlier and it was OK, but WOW after having a coat of the same red! It makes a great set with the barstools.

 
 



I also had two twin vintage headboards. I forgot to take a before picture but they are just too cute in red!  I think they would be terrific in a kid's room. 






And remember, I still LOVE my White Shabby Chic stuff, so there will be several pieces painted white. Here is a twin headboard that I started with...


                                        

Love the distressed white paint on the headboard now. And to compliment the look, a few other white pieces, a shelf, and a coat hanger.




This chair and table got the White Shabby Chic distressing as well.  But, sorry, they are already SOLD. You just get to look at them so you can have a little "décor envy."





As the weather continues to improve, I'll be finding more pieces to share with you before we take them to Market! 

In fact, we are heading to Karli's soon and we'll be working on some pieces there too.


Later, Kandy

No comments:

Post a Comment