Tuesday, January 8, 2013

DIY Canvas and Powder Room Makeover

When I started decorating the powder bath on the main level it looked like this...


You can see the towel rack, but you can't see the medicine cabinet on the small wall. Who puts a medicine cabinet in a powder bath? Anyway, I took out the towel rack, toilet paper holder and medicine cabinet in short order.

Then it was time to think about paint and some artwork.I saw this piece at Target, but again, I'm thrifty and didn't want to pay $50.
So I bought some canvases at JoAnn's Fabrics and some acrylic paint colors that I liked. I also bought a cool sponge ball pack. It had four different sizes of circles. Lastly, I bought this tub of Modeling Paste. It easily mixes with the paint for texture on the canvas.

Available at JoAnn's.
Then Mom and I had some fun one weekend. We painted two canvases. The larger hangs on the wall as you walk in and a smaller one hangs over the hole where the silly medicine cabinet was.

As you walk in the powder bath door. You can also see that I painted the cabinet black and added new hardware.
 
Here's a close up of the black cabinet and great new hardware. I still want to change out the faucet.

I took out the builder mirror and replaced it with an afforable framed one from Target. On my list for this year is the light fixture and the switch/outlet cover.

Here's a side by side just for giggles. I love how its turned out so far.


~Karli

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! Looking forward to following your updates.

    ReplyDelete